North West Ready Mix is one of the Lancashire region's leading volumetric concrete companies. Established over 30 years ago, our experienced and motivated team have helped us build a reputation throughout the area for providing high quality mix on site concrete delivery at affordable prices, supported by exceptional customer service.
Whether you require 1m3 of concrete for shed footings or several hundred cubes for a large scale commercial project, we're the volumetric concrete supplier you can trust. We've maintained strong relationships with domestic customers and trade partners who return to us time and again. Our team of highly trained operators use a high-tech mobile batching plant and the highest quality raw ingredients, ensuring that our mix on site concrete is freshly prepared and satisfies British and European standards.
Why volumetric concrete?
Volumetric concrete is typically mixed on site in a volumetric concrete mixer, sometimes known as a mobile batching plant. Our high-tech vehicles arrive on site with all the necessary ingredients to mix the type and grade of concrete required for the job at hand, and we can even change the mix while on the same job if two different grades are required. Mix on site concrete is also extremely flexible, suited to both small jobs and large-scale projects due to the high capacity of our mobile batching plant.
Because the mixing process is carried out on site there's no risk of over or under ordering. We will provide the quantity required and you simply pay for what you lay. This can prove to be extremely economical and the lack of waste product is also better for the environment.
Projects we can supply concrete to
- Patio foundations
- Garden wall or shed footings
- Concrete slabs
- Conservatory foundations
- Foundations for single/double-height extensions
- Industrial foundations and floors
- Commercial office or warehouse foundations/flooring
- Agricultural buildings
- Infrastructure projects
- Concrete slabs
How to choose the right concrete
All concrete mixes feature cement, water and sand or stone aggregate, in different ratios depending on intended use. Here at North West Ready Mix we offer a wide range of concrete mixes suited to a variety of applications—from domestic DIY projects to larger scale agricultural, commercial, industrial and even civil engineering works.
Below is a list of some of the common mixes we offer, but we can also prepare a bespoke mix design if your project has specific requirements.
GEN 0 (C7/8)
- Kerb bedding, haunching and backing.
- Mass and cavity fill.
- Domestic foundations in DC-1 soils.
GEN 1 (C10)
- Unreinforced strip footings.
- Trench fill and pad foundations.
- Floor blinding.
- Drainage works.
GEN 2 (C15)
- Wall, shed and conservatory foundations.
- Domestic flooring with no embedded metal.
- Paving for paths and steps.
GEN 3/ST 1 (C20)
- Garage, house and extension foundations.
- Internal floor slabs.
- Driveway base and under paving for patios.
ST 2 (C25)
- Domestic foundations and reinforced bases.
- Some agricultural applications.
- Fence post footings.
- Manhole infill, trench fill and kerbing.
PAV1/ST 3 (C30)
- Driveway, hard standing and pavement construction.
- Reinforced shed, stable or workshop bases.
- Unreinforced house or extension bases.
PAV2/ST 4 (C35)
- Heavy-duty commercial hard standings.
- Reinforced slabs for agricultural storage areas.
- Raft foundations and piling.
ST 5 (C40)
- Structural and support beams.
- HGV parks, agricultural yards and equipment storage.
- Footings and foundations.
Mix on site concrete near me
Located within the M65 corridor in Burnley, we're ideally positioned to serve the East Lancashire region. Our modern fleet of vehicles is continually maintained to ensure product quality and safety on site, and our batching plants are manned by highly trained operators with many years' experience. We also understand that some sites offer only limited or otherwise difficult access, and will work with you to ensure our volumetric concrete is able to be delivered right where you need it. Because our product is mixed on site, waste can be minimised and you only pay for what you lay. Great for the environment, easy on your wallet!
If you have any questions about the products or services we offer, please contact our friendly team. We'd be happy to help.